Eyereturn has a full-time permanent position available for a Software Engineer II (Back End – Java) in our Toronto office.
Eyereturn is one of Toronto’s top Java development technology shops. On our tech team you will work with a passionate group of Software Engineers using some of the newest frameworks (Spring, Akka, Spark) and methodologies (Continuous Integration, Agile.)
YOU WILL WORK ON
- High-availability analytics platform backed by a big data processing pipeline
- Developing and maintaining backend applications in Java and Scala
- Solving complex issues surrounding concurrency, security, performance and scalability
YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 3-5 years of professional development experience using Java
- Strong Java programming skills with good coding practices and capable of producing reliable code
- Solid understanding of RESTful architecture
- Strong proficiency in MySQL
- Experience with product development in Agile work environments
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English
- Deep understanding of fundamentals (e.g.: data structures, concurrency, algorithms)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar fields of study
BONUS POINTS FOR US
- Experience with Spring and AKKA frameworks
- Experience with Apache Hadoop tools like Spark, Flume, Oozie, Pig, and Hbase
- Familiarity with Scala
PERKS FOR YOU
- TTC accessible location, 2 minute walk from station
- Discounted TTC Passes and Gym Memberships
- Newly renovated, dog friendly offices
- Continued education and student loan assistance
- Sponsored team events and lunches
- Comprehensive, employer-paid medical benefits
- RRSP matching
- Recognized as one of 2018’s Best Workplaces™ in Canada
- Check our Careers Page for additional company info and benefits!
At Eyereturn we are constantly improving the way brands connect with their customers online. Our proprietary advertising platform is built around the belief that outreach should be easy, transparent and rewarding for all. Based on this key objective, we’ve done away with overly complicated marketing platforms and layers of intermediaries. The result is that our clients have the ability to make informed, real-time decisions when and where they want to connect with their audience. Review our Tech Stack on stackshare.io, or read our Tech Stack blog post.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Eyereturn is an equal opportunity employer, if you need any type of accommodation, please let us know.